mathematics is a lot of fun

Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability and Statistics, Calculus.

Fractions, Linear Algebra, Scientific Notation, Differential Equations, Graphs etc.

Symbols, methods, properties, formulas, logic, measurement.

I know you're familiar with all these stuff especially if you hated or embraced them all your years studying Math. Until now I'm still wondering why all these subjects are in every Nursing Curriculum or any other courses not related to what might be their job in the future.

I never liked this subject. From kindergarten to grade school I enjoyed counting up to quadrillions, but when all the complexeties and mixed conflicts of numbers occurred in my peaceful life I started to get bored forcing myself in dealing with them.

Oh how I love them so much that my brain would terribly bleed, excitedly jump up and down just how numbers can create statements more like a sentence pattern.

I remember when I was in college years, my learning experience especially my grades are not as great with Psychology or Philosophy. My grades in Algebra suck big-time.
My mind used to wander around the room in the hall and even outside the school during my math classes. I enjoyed most any branches of science but not with numerical analysis and equations. I would gladly find out the amount of oxygen supply in our body organs than to look for the value of x in a triangle.

One time in a class discussion, while our Prof explains “the absolute frequencies of occurrence of an event in a number of class interval be denoted ,.... "Note that y and f(x) represent the same thing: the output of the function. This is known as function notation. Here the function involved is f(x) = x3 − x. ".... Blah blah… My seatmate asked me why I’m not taking notes. I said, “I’m waiting for her to speak English. I have no idea what language she’s using.”

I’d rather play chasing game with sharks than argue with Pythagoras about his theory that every movement was united by the belief that “all is number.” Perhaps while he’s speaking I could see numerous numbers escaping from his mouth while my nose starts to bleed. But still math is fun, it makes the world go round and round. lolz

I had a good laugh of the following problem solving, hope you too. Enjoy!


















1 comment:

  1. ahehehe..nabasa ko na ito sa email before ...pero nakakatuwa tlga ito..ahahaha...pra gusto ko sya i-repost... :D

    ReplyDelete